Independent Diplomat offers a range of services to improve the diplomatic performance of its clients across the three pillars of modern diplomacy:
- Political strategy
- International law
- Public diplomacy and media strategy
ID provides integrated advice across these three
elements and so
helps our clients to maximise the impact of their diplomacy.
In addition, ID offers expert advice to countries and regions seeking to promote inward investment.
ID’s key areas of expertise include:
- The United Nations, especially the UN Security Council and peacekeeping operations
- The European Union, including accession
- Self-determination, sovereignty and territorial integrity
- Public international law and international dispute settlement
- Human rights and international humanitarian law
- Climate change, energy and natural resources
- Law of the Sea, maritime boundaries and fisheries
- Foreign direct investment promotion
Tools and methods employed by the ID team to help its clients to achieve their diplomatic objectives include:
- Intelligence gathering and analysis
- Tailored research
- Assistance with the preparation and conduct of negotiations
- Preparation of diplomatic communications, speeches, statements and press articles
- Management and coordination of high-level diplomatic visits, including at Head of State and Foreign Minister level
- Assistance with strengthening networks and relationships in key diplomatic centres
All of Independent Diplomat’s clients pay a fee, calculated according to the client’s ability to pay and the demands of the project. In addition to client fees, ID’s work is supported by governments, foundations and individual donors. ID has 501(c)(3) charitable status in the United States and is a registered charity in the United Kingdom.
Independent Diplomat will only work with clients committed to democracy, human rights and the rule of law. ID does not work with any individual or group that promotes or engages in unlawful violence.
To begin a discussion about engaging Independent Diplomat, please contact Paul Whiteway at our London office on +44(0)207 489 2118, or email him at email@example.com.
Additional information about ID's work with the Governments of Somaliland, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, South Sudan, the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic, and the Syrian Coalition is available at the Department of Justice, Washington, DC.